PSS SHAFT SEAL 1" SHAFT 2" TUBE
Within 30 days
Same Day Shipping
Order Before 3PM (EST)
PSS SHAFT SEAL 1" SHAFT 2" TUBE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONPSS Shaft Seal 1" Shaft 2" Tube
Shaft Diameter: 1"
Stern Tube Diameter (D): 2"
Total Length (A): 6.975"
Total Length (compressed) (Compressed A): 6.225"
Rotor Diameter (B): 2.375"
Carbon Cuff Diameter (C): 2"
Stern Cuff Length (E): 1.5"
The PSS Shaft Seal is the number one selling marine mechanical seal worldwide and is installed as standard equipment by many of the worlds most reputable boat builders / yards. The PSS Shaft Seal is also recognized as the premiere retrofit (aftermarket) seal on the world market. Certified by Bureau Veritas, ABS & Rina: Boat builders / yards recognize the advantages and value of installing the PSS as it eliminates the maintenance, constant adjustment & cost associated with traditional packing type glands. Aside from these benefits, the PSS Shaft Seal helps to eliminate water in the bilge (100% water tight) & wear to the propeller shaft. The PSS Shaft Seal can be easily retrofitted and is available for shafts ranging from 3/4" (20mm) to 6" (150mm).
The PSS Shaft Seal is a mechanical face seal that is created between the flat surfaces of the rotating stainless steel rotor and the stationary carbon flange. The stationary carbon flange is attached to the vessels stern tube with hose clamps and the carbon flange is attached to the front side of the bellows with hose clamps. The stainless steel rotor is fit on the shaft in front of the carbon flange. The stainless steel rotor is used to compress the bellows before the collar is secured to the shaft with set-screws. This compression (pre-load) maintains contact between the faces and allows the PSS to compensate for the thrust from the propeller. The carbon flange is bored larger than the shaft diameter allowing it to "float" around the shaft and thus compensate for most misalignment and vibration problems. The stainless steel collar is sealed to the shaft by two o-rings that are recessed into the bore of the collar. These o-rings rotate with the shaft and stainless steel rotor and do not experience wear during operation.
**As with any rubber hose below waterline, the PSS bellows must be inspected on a regular basis for any sign of wear, aging or chemical deterioration. PYI suggests as preventative maintenance that the PSS bellow be replaced in six year intervals. During bellows replacement it is recommended the o-rings & set screws in the stainless steel rotor also be replaced."
Bellows may need to be more frequently inspected in an environment where non-sealed batteries emit sulfuric acid. Sulfuric acid vapor will accelerate rubber deterioration, as will an ozonater.
The Maintenance Kit includes the items you need to properly maintain your PSS Shaft Seal. Included in the kit is one (1) PSS bellow, two (2) O-rings, five (5) set screws, four (4) new hose clamps and an allen key.
Save $62 when you buy the PSS SHAFT SEAL 1" SHAFT 2" TUBE for only $248 from NVN Marine! Same day shipping before 3pm.
PSS SHAFT SEAL 1" SHAFT 2" TUBE VIDEOS
PSS SHAFT SEAL 1" SHAFT 2" TUBE SHIPPING & RETURN
5.00 (h) x 6.00 (w) x 9.00 (l)
SHIPPING POLICYEffective Date : May 18, 2020
To ensure a fast and safe delivery we use FedEx, DHL, USPS, & UPS Ground/Air shipping services. Available shipping methods may vary for different type of products and shipping destinations. Most products in stock ship same day, or within 1 business day after which its delivery can be tracked via tracking number sent to your email. Tracking the package with tracking code and following delivery is in the buyer responsibility. For custom or made to order items shipping time varies as they may have to be manufactured, painted, embroidered, or assembled.
Our Shipping Rates and Delivery Times for United States (48 state)
|Free Shipping (500$+ orders)||2-7 Days||Free|
|Free Shipping (Special Products)||2-7 Days||Free|
|Best Way Shipping||2-7 Days||$8.95|
|Ground Shipping||1-6 Days||$9.95|
|2nd Day [Promo]||2 Days||$16.95|
|Oversize Items (150lb+)||1-6 Days||$99.90|
|* For the rest of the World shipping rates will be calculated on checkout.|
Please keep the following in mind:
- Products that are oversized must ship truck freight / LTL which differs from ground shipments.
- Returns will ONLY be accepted within 30 days of the purchase.
- We are following carriers informations, if carrier delivery status is delivered, we will accept order as a delivered, lost packages are the responsibility of the client.
- All returns will have a 20% restocking fee unless their is an error on the sellers part. Please note this does not include a color of a case. Pictures are taken from the manufactures site and all listings are very specific.
- If given the wrong address and UPS/USPS has to send it back to us, we are charged a fee by UPS/USPS for returns which can be anywhere from $9.99-$39.99 which will be then taken from you due to the fact this was not our fault. This also includes refusing a package. We ALWAYS ship to the address given by the customer unless you tell us before your order is placed.
- Shipping to the PO BOX is not allowed!
- Also since there is not a shipping charge originally you will need to cover the cost of the original shipping because this is not our fault.
- Anything that is programmed specifically for the customer such as AIS, Epirbs & PLB are NOT returnable!
NOTE: These oversized items require inspection and a signature upon delivery. For more information on freight shipping contact with us.
* Shipments to Canada are treated as all other international shipments. It is the recipient's responsibility to pay all applicable duties, taxes, & brokerage fees. Detailed Info can be found shipping info page.
* Shipments to HI, AK, PR, Guam, Virgin Islands, APOs, & Canada might require extra shipping charges. International shipping quotes will be charged from customer cart after approval.
To request an international shipping quote before placing an order. For quotes and more information on freight shipping, click here. If you would like special shipping arrangements, please contact us via live chat or email.
For our return and refund policy please check this page: https://nvnmarine.com/pages/return-and-refund-policy
Last Updated: May 18 2020
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.