Maxwell RC12-12 Vertical Capstan 12V Windlass - 1/2" Chain & 3/4" Rope
Free Ground Shipping (2-6 Days Delivery Time)
We are sorry, this product sold out!
Maxwell RC12-12 Vertical Capstan 12V Windlass - 1/2" Chain & 3/4" Rope Product Description
RC12-12 Vertical Capstan 12V Windlass - 1/2" Chain & 3/4" Rope
The RC12-12 automatic rope/chain windlass is built to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 1/2 in. short link chain and 3/4 in. to 7/8 in. 8-Plait rope using Maxwell’s patented Wave Design™ chain wheel.
The RC12 is a highly versatile windlass offering multiple configurations (anti-clockwise, capstan, low profile, extended deck clearance, etc.) and is packed with patented features showcasing the very best of Maxwell engineering. The RC12 windlass range is suitable for boats ranging from 10m (30ft) to 20m (65ft) and has been designed and engineered to expertly balance aesthetics with rugged dependability.
The deck plate, chain pipe cover, heavy-duty pressure arm, stripper arm, chain wheel, and fluted capstan drum are all manufactured using marine-grade (AISI 316) stainless steel, which is x-rayed by Maxwell QC to ensure the chemical composition of the metal.
The through-deck hawse pipe ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker, and the double cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits ‘Free Fall’ anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement, ensuring safe and precise operator control.
Emergency manual retrieval is made simple and easy with Maxwell’s unique "Active Latch Ratchet System" operation that prevents the backwind of the windlass during manual hauling of the anchor.
- Activation of the ratcheted mechanism lever ensures the windlass cannot backwind during emergency (manual) retrieval of the rode (rope and/or chain) and anchor
The Gearbox Used on the RC12 Provides Several Advantages, Including:
- Fast and easy windlass installation
- More corrosion resistant
- Easy to maintain and service
- Takes up less room in the anchor locker
- 75:1 ratio, single stage design with fewer moving parts, for smoother and quieter operation
- Allows for multi-positioning of the gearbox/motor
- Maximum Pull: 3500 lbs. (1590 kg)
- Static Hold: 2200 lbs. (4840 kg)
- Chain Size: 1/2" in. (12/13 mm)
- Rope Size (Nylon): 3/4 in. – 7/8 in. (20 mm – 22 mm)
- Chain Speed (at normal working load): 50 ft/min (15 m/min)
- Rope Speed (at normal working load): 43 ft/min (13 m/min)
- Power Supply (DC): 12 VDC
- Motor (Watt): 1200 W
- Net Weight: 71 lbs (32 kg)
- Hydraulic Pressure: 2000 PSI (138 Bar)
- Hydraulic Flow: 11 USgal/min (40 l/min)
- Net Weight (Hydraulic): 57 lbs (26 kg)
Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper and/or alternative snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while underway.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About MAXWELL RC12-12 VERTICAL CAPSTAN WINDLASS - 12VWho is the Maxwell?
Who is the Maxwell?
Save $1487 when you buy the Maxwell RC12-12 Vertical Capstan 12V Windlass - 1/2" Chain & 3/4" Rope for only $4462 from NVN Marine! Same day free shipping before 3pm.
Maxwell RC12-12 Vertical Capstan 12V Windlass - 1/2" Chain & 3/4" Rope Technical Specifications
|Chain - Diameter (Inches):||
|Rope Diameter (Inches):||