BLUE SEA 8034 LED GREEN 11/64IN 120VAC
Hurry! Only 7 left in stock.
Within 30 days
Same Day Shipping
Order Before 3PM (EST)
BLUE SEA 8034 LED GREEN 11/64IN 120VAC PRODUCT DESCRIPTION8034
LED Indicator Light
- Easily installed in any Blue Sea Systems circuit breaker panel
- Simple push-in installation mounts in any thickness material
- Useful as general indicator and alarm lights
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (dehp) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Save $1 when you buy the BLUE SEA 8034 LED GREEN 11/64IN 120VAC for only $2 from NVN Marine! Same day shipping before 3pm.
BLUE SEA 8034 LED GREEN 11/64IN 120VAC USER REVIEWS
Not bright enough
I found that these are too dim for my use, so I removed the heat shrink tubing on the leads to see how it works. It consists of an LED in series with a standard diode (to protect the LED from reverse voltage every AC cycle), and a 150K resistor (to limit the current during forward conduction). Simple design, though one diode protecting another in this fashion is always a bit sketchy - if the protection diode has much reverse leakage, the LED will see a large reverse voltage every cycle, which could eventually damage it. A 1M resistor in parallel with the LED would eliminate that possibility but this design doesn't include one. Is this a real problem? I don't know. 150K doesn't allow a lot of current to flow through the LED, but that's probably the smallest value they were able to use while keeping a 1/4W resistor. A smaller value resistor would increase brightness, but would also get hot so a 1/2W or larger resistor would be needed, increasing bulk (and cost, somewhat). Peak current calculates to about 2.3mA, but that's only at the peak of the AC cycle. The average current by my calculation (could be wrong) is only 720 microamps, not even a milliamp. Part of the reason the average current is so low is the LED only conducts during half the AC cycle. It's off during the other half, since the polarity of the AC is reversed. LEDs generally look good in the 10~20mA range, so 720uA is pretty feeble. The persistence of your eyes will increase the apparent brightness some, but still these are very dim. For use in a fluorescent lit shop where 240V is likely to be found, they are almost invisible.
BLUE SEA 8034 LED GREEN 11/64IN 120VAC SHIPPING & RETURN
1.00 (h) x 3.00 (w) x 5.00 (l)
|USPS First Class:||
- To ensure a fast and safe delivery we use UPS and FedEx Ground/Air shipping services.
- Available shipping methods may vary for different type of products and shipping destinations.
- We ALWAYS ship to the address given by the customer unless you tell us before your order is placed.
- Shipping to the PO BOX is not allowed! Your order will not be fulfilled.
- We are following carriers informations, if carrier delivery status is delivered, we will accept order as a delivered, lost packages are the responsibility of the client.
- Returns will ONLY be accepted within 30 days of the purchase.
Our Shipping Rates and Delivery Times for United States (48 state)
|Free Shipping (500$+ orders)||2-7 Days||Free|
|Best Way Shipping||2-7 Days||$8.95|
|Ground Shipping||1-6 Days||$9.95|
|2nd Day [Promo]||2 Days||$16.95|