Octopus 1000cc/min Reversing Piston Pump 12Vdc
Hurry! Only 2 left in stock.
Within 30 days
Same Day Shipping
Order Before 3PM (EST)
Octopus 1000cc/min Reversing Piston Pump 12Vdc PRODUCT DESCRIPTION"
Octopus 1000cc/min Reversing
Piston Pump 12VdcModel: AF1012
- Reliable — Patented piston pump technology with only three moving parts
- Twice?The?Power — Delivers over twice the hydraulic output per watt of input
- Half?The?Power Consumption — Accurate ram positioning means fewer course corrections
- Adjustable Flow Rate — Configure performance to suit your vessel
- Easy?Servicing — Shut off valves allow removal without draining steering system
The unique Octopus piston pump delivers over twice the hydraulic output per watt of input than a standard hydraulic gear pump.
Gear pumps leak oil between the gears, while a piston (such as used in car engines) does not. This means the piston pump will place the cylinder ram exactly where it is required, positioning the rudder accurately. This gives far sharper steering, reducingunnecessary course corrections meaning battery consumption on Octopus pumps is up to half that of other pumps.
Leading autopilot manufacturers choose Octopus pumps for their non RFB pilot systems which do not have a Rudder Feedback unit. Previously, slop in the system caused by gear leakage meant that a Rudder Feedback unit was necessary to tell the pilot the exact rudder position. As Octopus pumps will always bring the ram back to the required position the Rudder Feedback unit is not required, which also greatly simplifies installation.
A professional installation should always have a method of isolating the pump from the steering system — Octopus pumps feature inbuilt shut off valves in the pump manifold.
A pump that does not have variable flow (unless dedicated to a range of cylinders such as our fixed 0.8L pump) will be operating too fast or too slow in 90% of cases. Autopilot manufacturers get around this problem by adjusting the output to the pump to compensate, which either forces the pump to operate for longer periods of time which increases power consumption and wear on the parts, or it will operate at high pressure for short periods of time — also putting unnecessary strain and wear on the system.
Octopus Variable Flow Reversing Pumps precisely control the speed of the ram, reducing unnecessary battery consumption, pressure, strain and wear on the hydraulic system."
Save $256 when you buy the Octopus 1000cc/min Reversing Piston Pump 12Vdc for only $409 from NVN Marine! Same day shipping before 3pm.
Octopus 1000cc/min Reversing Piston Pump 12Vdc USER REVIEWS
Octopus 1000cc/min Reversing Piston Pump 12Vdc SHIPPING & RETURN
1.00 (h) x 1.00 (w) x 1.00 (l)
|USPS First Class:||
- To ensure a fast and safe delivery we use UPS and FedEx Ground/Air shipping services.
- Available shipping methods may vary for different type of products and shipping destinations.
- We ALWAYS ship to the address given by the customer unless you tell us before your order is placed.
- Shipping to the PO BOX is not allowed! Your order will not be fulfilled.
- We are following carriers informations, if carrier delivery status is delivered, we will accept order as a delivered, lost packages are the responsibility of the client.
- Returns will ONLY be accepted within 30 days of the purchase.
Our Shipping Rates and Delivery Times for United States (48 state)
|Free Shipping (500$+ orders)||2-7 Days||Free|
|Best Way Shipping||2-7 Days||$8.95|
|Ground Shipping||1-6 Days||$9.95|
|2nd Day [Promo]||2 Days||$16.95|